What's A Balanced Diet?

By Eugene Goh


How frequently when somebody visiting a doctor has asked the doctor:

"Doctor, what do I have to do to keep myself fit and healthy?"



The doctor would normally answer with the following:

"Exercise constantly; drink your 8 cups of water and have a balance diet."

That will be what most doctors would say, aren't they? But what then is a balanced diet? How would one regard exercising continually?

Do you know that it's about close to not possible to follow the food pyramid? How many apples, bananas or lettuces that you have to eat to get the needed amount of the fiber intake?

I don't know about you but I admit that it's impossible for me to take a well balanced diet as I always love eating high cholesterol food like:

Seafood

Mutton Rendang

Curry Chicken

Foie Gras

Chicken Rice

Fried Noodles and and so on.

Though I cannot control not eat such unhealthy food, I do commit to having a healthy life and I do that by taking a pack of Bios Life before each guilty meal to maintain my cholesterol numbers from then onwards and I have been following through since that time.

There are times that I don't know what does One want to eat for the day and that will be when I decide to eat health. What does One eat when I choose to eat healthy? It is mainly some fruits and a protein drink.

I may not feel full after just eating apples and drinking a cup of protein and would doubtless top it up with some wholemeal biscuits and Coffee without sugar and cream during tea time.

I heard someone did say it is better to eat multiple tiny meals than to have a few sumptuous meals. Well, this can be my kind of balanced diet since an individual might also feel uninterested in taking luxurious meals each day.

What about you? Are you taking your form of healthy diet?